Ductless mini-splits are the most energy efficient heating and cooling option available. Find out what a mini-split can do for your home!
What Are Mini-Splits?
Mini-splits are indoor units that provide both heating and air conditioning to a particular room or area in your home. They offer benefits like:
Customized indoor comfort
Increased energy efficiency
Lower heating & cooling bills
Better indoor air quality
No need for ductwork
How Do They Work?
In the winter:
- The outside unit collects low-temperature heat from the ambient air.
- The outside unit compresses this heat and moves it indoors.
- The inside unit supplies comfortable, heated indoor air.
In the summer:
- The inside unit collects ambient heat and sends it to the outdoor unit.
- The outdoor unit squeezes heat out of the refrigerant.
- The refrigerant becomes cold and sends cool air back into your home.
What Makes Them Energy Efficient?
Mini-splits are extremely energy efficient because they:
Do not rely on fuel to generate heat
Transfer existing heat from one place to another
Heat and cool only the areas that need it
Eliminate the need for leaky ductwork
Want to heat and cool your home more efficiently? The Excel experts can help! Schedule a mini-split consultation today!