The efficiency of your heating system is pretty important, if you want to keep your home’s energy bills low in the winter. Heating your home in the winter can be a pretty big expense for you. In fact, heating your home in the winter to eat up almost 50% of your total yearly energy expenses. We layout below several ways you can make sure you’re heating system is as efficient as possible!
Schedule Yearly Tune-ups
We can’t stress this enough. You can ensure that your heating system is functioning at optimal efficiency and avoid any catastrophic problems when the temperatures are freezing outside.
Install a Smart Thermostat
Installing a smart thermostat can save you money all year round – not just winter. In the winter, you can cut your heating costs by up to 15%. Smart thermostats allow you to schedule the optimal times to heat your home like lowering the heat when your sleeping or at work, or raising it when you are most active in your home.
Replace Your Heating System with a Inverter Heat Pump
What is an Inverter Heat Pump? An inverter heat pump is a type of technology that can ramp up and down to what exactly your need in terms of heating and cooling the space in your home.This energy saving technology eliminates wasted operation by your HVAC system by efficiently controlling motor speed. The heat pump motor works like the accelerator in your car to maintain a set temperature rather than stopping and starting the motor like traditional units. Benefits include:
1) Save energy with greater efficiency
2) Whisper quiet operation with variable speed inverter technology
3) Better balance with more consistent airflow throughout the home
4) Environmentally friendly and partners well with solar
5) Better humidity control with a dryer cool
6) Better air quality with longer run times – your air in your home gets filtered more
7) Certain models can heat down to 5 degrees without needing a backup heat source
Bonus reason: Rebates and/or tax credits on qualifying models
Want more information about getting an inverter heat pump installed in your home? Book an appointment now!