Summer is almost here. You rely on your AC system to keep your home cool in the scorching Virginia summers. That means an AC Tune up should be at the top of your list. Regularly maintained systems ensure that your air conditioning unit is running at it’s peak performance. Annual maintenance also helps to ensure that your system isn’t pooping out on you when you and your family needed it the most. Nothing’s worse than an uncomfortable than a hot home in the middle if a Virginia heat wave.
15 Point Air Conditioning Tune Up Checklist
When an HVAC technician performs an air conditioner tune up, they will do several things, including these steps below. This ensures your equipment is ready to take on the hot Virginia summer:
- Close inspection of all A/C system components
- Wear & tear check on all belts & other moving parts within your air conditioning unit
- Minor adjustment & repair fixes as they’re identified
- A cleaning of the condenser coils
- A calibration of your thermostat
- Evaluate start-up and heating and/or cooling cycles
- Inspection of your A/C’s refrigerant levels & check for any leaks
- Tighten and safety test all wiring and connections
- Inspection of the blower belt & motor to ensure proper operation
- Check and Repair fins
- Lubrication of all moving parts if needed
- Check the run capacitor for bulging or unusual markings or color
- Record operating pressures, temperatures and compare to manufacturer specifications
- Check and flush the condensate drainage system
- Inspect systems air filter and replace or clean as needed
When your AC tune up is complete, your contractor should provide you with detailed report of the inspections and tests completed along with results and recommendations. In many cases, repairs may be recommended or needed, which can be done at that time.
What Are the Benefits of Tuning Up Your AC Unit?
Some of the top benefits of scheduling yearly maintenance on your air conditioning system are:
Schedule Your $135 AC Tune Up Today
With Excel Heating & Cooling, we offer simple and fast scheduling. You can easily book an appointment online and we’ll dispatch a technician to your home! Just let us know what time works best for you, and we’ll call you when we’re on our way!
We also make it convenient for you, if you don’t prefer to book it through our online scheduling platform, just text us or call (540) 540-0030 Today!